Calling All Healthcare Professionals
Indiana Donor Network’s free, virtual Amplify Donation and Transplantation Summit took place Sept. 14.
About Amplify Donation and Transplantation Summit
Indiana Donor Network’s Amplify Donation and Transplantation Summit is an annual educational gathering for healthcare professionals to learn more about organ, tissue and cornea donation and transplantation.
This year’s free, virtual event will cover the following topics:
- Navigating the Donation Conversation by Jamie Rivas, Director of Family & Donor Services at Indiana Donor Network
- The Mission Critical Call by Christy Cannon, Hospital Program Coordinator at Indiana Donor Network
- Donation After Circulatory Death by Kira Newkirk, RN, Vice President, Business Operations at Indiana Donor Network
- DCD Cardiac Transplantation, The Time is Now by Dr. Christopher T. Salerno, MD, FACS, FACC, Vice Chair of Surgery, Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Surgical Director of Mechanical Circulatory Support and Heart Transplantation at St. Vincent Hospital Indianapolis
- Saving Eight Lives at One Bedside: A Review of Donor Management by Dr. David Roe, MD, FACP, FCCP, Chief Medical Officer at Indiana Donor Network, Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician at Indiana University North Hospital and an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at Indiana University School of Medicine
- Donors That Almost Weren’t by Brad Wiseman, RN, Manager, Hospital Services at Indiana Donor Network
- The Basics of Tissue Donation and Recovery by Amy Pruitt, Manager, Tissue Services at Indiana Donor Network
About Indiana Donor Network
The decision to become an organ and tissue donor is a decision to give the gift of life. Indiana Donor Network serves as the vital link between donors and patients waiting for lifesaving organ transplants, healing tissue and corneas to restore sight. We are the state’s federally designated organ recovery organization and an accredited tissue bank. Our team of nearly 250 dedicated professionals is committed to saving and healing lives through donation and transplantation, championing the cause through education and outreach, and supporting families of donors in their time of need.
Specifically, Indiana Donor Network:
- Provides Hoosiers with information needed to make an educated decision about donation.
- Coordinates the donation process according to federal regulations and with the utmost respect for medical ethics.
- Offers grief support services to families before, during and after donation.
- Assists Indiana hospitals in developing donation policies and procedures and educates healthcare professionals about the donation process.
- Evaluates potential donors for medical suitability to donate organs and/or tissue.
- Recovers organs and tissue from donors on-site in the Indiana Donor Network Organ and Tissue Recovery Center.