April is Donate Life Month – honoring those who made the selfless decision to save and enhance lives as organ, tissue and eye donors. Additionally, Donate Life Month is a time to celebrate the new beginnings donation provides for recipients, recognize the lives of those waiting for life-saving transplants and inspire more people to say yes to donation.
Why celebrate Donate Life Month? Because the need is great!
- Approximately 1,500 Hoosiers and 121,000 Americans are awaiting life-saving organ transplants.
- 22 of those will die every day while waiting for an organ transplant
- Every ten minutes, someone is added to the national wait list
Throughout the month of April, Indiana Donor Network will be hosting several events all across the state of Indiana celebrating Donate Life Month. To learn more about these events, click here.
How can you help?
- Hope Act: Milestone in Ending the Wait
- Part 1: The Story of a Living Kidney Donor*