Indiana Donor Network is a member of the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), the organization contracted by the U.S. federal government to operate the nation’s organ donation system. UNOS also maintains the national database of people waiting for organ transplants.
Due to the sensitive nature of our mission, Indiana Donor Network must follow certain federal guidelines and regulations. Our organization is accredited by the following groups:
- Association of Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO)
- American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) | Indianapolis
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) | Fort Wayne
Air transportation provided by (1) Jet Logistics, Inc., an FAA-certificated air carrier operating under 14 CFR part 135, or (2) other FAA certificated air carrier.
Indiana Donor Network is also a founding member of Donate Life Indiana, a group of agencies dedicated to promoting and maintaining the Indiana Donor Registry. On the national level, Donate Life Indiana collaborates with other Donate Life organizations to increase awareness of the life-saving benefits of organ and tissue donation.